...actually it's NOT EVEN in my dreams will i ever pass my driver's test. Apparently my lack of driving skills dares itself to haunt me in my sleep...
I was at my cousin's house one cold night and i got really bored so I went outside to read a book in my dad's car. I got inside and sat on the passenger seat when suddenly the car started moving and going down a hill. Needless to say I was in trouble. I thought I was going to die as the vision of my last car accident flashed right before my eyes again. I didn't even say a prayer as a I struggled on the floor trying to hit the brakes with my hands (I know right wth?). As the car kept going and going it went straight through many green lights as passengers nearby honked and yelled. I just kept saying to myself that I was going to die and my dad would kill me. I struggled and struggled trying with all my might to extend my left arm to reach the brakes as I'm struggling to stand up in the raging car. Eventually I gave up trying to reach the brakes and decided to climb up to the driver's seat and take the wheel. I stood up half way trying to keep my balance and sort of rolled over to take the wheel. -I had succeeded. But this time I was in the ride for my life. More and more cars came in my way as I tried to swerve past them. Eventually I drove further and further trying to hit the brakes at the right moment as I came upon a dead end. This time I really had to stop or I'd crash. Frightened by the thought of my last crash encounter, I turned the wheel left and hit the brakes as hard as I could. And finally I came to a halt. I got out of the car.. not knowing where I was. I felt like crying and I should've gotten back in the car to drive myself back to my cousin's house. But my common sense was harbored by my fears of death and driving again. So I started running towards a crowd of people walking in two lanes, leaving the car behind. One lane was going north and the other going south. Not knowing which path took me back to my rightful place, I decided to head north and see if I could recognize a familiar surrounding. The walk kept on going and going for a really long time. Eventually I asked someone next to me where this path was headed and he replied, "Minnesota". WTF? I WAS HEADING TOWARDS MINNESOTA?!!!! I quickly switched lanes and the moment I started heading South I saw my high school friends. I was relieved to see familiar faces. I told them my situation and they laughed and reminded me how screwed I was.
I finally got back to my cousin's house and I tried to look for my dad and tell him the whole situation plus.. he had to get his car back because there's no way in hell I could've drove again. Unfortunately my dad wasn't there so I decided to go back once again and follow the crazy trail of my dad's car embedded all over the soft white snow on the ground. I went out but it started getting cold and snowy and I was wearing my sleeping shorts by then. I got back in the house to change into sweats but I couldn't find it under the heaping pile of clothes (even my messy clothes in my room haunts me in my sleep!). After awhile of searching I grew tired and fell asleep, noting myself that I'll retrieve the car once I wake up...
...and so I woke up to reality. But the funny thing was I was panicing because I still had the thoughts of my dad's lost car instilled in my head. I was still in my shorts and the same hoodie I was wearing from my dream. I was so confused because half of my brain was telling me that I have the duty to retrieve that car and the other half was telling me that it was all I dream. I felt like calling my dad and asking him where exactly did he park his car to make sure that it didn't match the setting of my dream. After going through every possible detail of my dream I finally came to a conclusion that it was just all a figment of my nightmare. It couldn't have been real because it was snowing in my sleep and it's close to summer time in reality. Still the dream was so intense it led me to believe that it was real.. and it drove me insane -.-
From this little head trip of mine I think I fear driving even more now. And what was once a goal of getting my liscence when I'm 25 has now gotten pushed back a few more years...possibly to never?
i close,
this has been 3% your DV of junk.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment