So lately, I've been working my ass off at work and then running the Manhattan bridge with Lily right afterwards. It's tiring and I'm exhausted. I forgot how hard it was to lose weight. Besides the fact that you see terms related to weight loss and exercise, you bet I'm going to make comments about skinny bitches. -oh yeah
In the health clinic I'm currently working in over the
summer, almost the entire staff consists of skinny to moderate sized females. On an everyday basis I hear a lot of complaints about weight issues and today I've learned that a couple of my co-workers are engaged in a competition to see who loses the most weight by the end of the summer, and the loser treats to dinner. I mean I suppose it is a likely incentive to lose weight but on some occasions I see some of the girls really struggling to lose weight when in reality they are perfectly fine (I can say that right? Because these days when you say "fine" it means you're not hot or Megan Fox haha). Some would skip breakfast, lunch, or both. And by the end of the day they're starving so they binge on surgary junk.
But who am I to point out this problem right? I've had my fair share of faulty weight issues. In the past I would not tolerate to ingest anything past 4 grams of fat from real food in my mouth but I would settle for 16 grams of fat from junk food (cookies, cakes, pastries, ice cre

am, etc.). I've even tried banishing carbs from my diet... but that turned out terribly wrong because it made me eat twice as much than I normally would when I am exposed to carbs. It was frustrating trying so many different diets at once and in the end my regulatory and counter-regulatory hormones failed to balance my sugar level and chemical buildup.
Thankfully, I finally learned to appreciate food and I was introduced the wonders of exercise last summer. I was able to lose weight the right way last year and it made me enjoy exercising (such as jogging). BUT BIG BUTTTT... I gained it all back after being exposed to the Freshman15 curse. ughhh.. But hey that's just the cycle of life. But I am definitely taking it slow this time since I have pretty bad joints now from excessive running on hard pavement.
Over the past years girls have been feeling insecure about their body image. What used to be normal is considered fat. Even now I see that the new size 0 has turned to 00. That's right, two zeros. It's pretty much ridiculous seeing rail thin girls still having the energy to walk around. About 300 years ago, plump women were actually considered sexually attractive (now wouldn't that be a nice place to live in?). But in the end it all comes down to the nature of the country's culture. Which is why I'm really fed up with the whole concept of glorifying women based on the physical attributes and sexual encounters.
Really, when will we all just stop being skinny bitches?

No comments:
Post a Comment